Saturday, September 19, 2009

Green's gluten-free beer

So I can't say before going gluten free that I was a huge beer drinker. I occasionally had a beer when it was necessary or when there was nothing else available. I prefer wine. I tried my first gluten-free beer while visiting friends and family in Austin. We stopped by The Flying Saucer so we could have a drink before dinner. I was not expecting to be able to drink anything but a glass of wine. I was pleasantly surprised. There staring me in the face, right there on the menu, was GLUTEN-FREE BEER!!! I was shocked. The price was pretty steep at 10.00 a bottle, but I knew I had to try it. The bottles are bigger than a normal-sized beer so that helps with the price a little too. I was luckily able to talk my husband into sharing it with me because I would not have been able to finish it. The beer was a darker beer, darker than I am used to drinking, not that I'm really "used" to it anymore. It was good though. I would defiantly buy it again. Honestly I would probably buy it again just to support the company that put it out there with us gluten-free people in mind. I know there are other companies out there that brew gluten-free beer. Give it a try, especially if you are or were a beer drinker.


No comments:

Post a Comment