Sunday, September 13, 2009

Fish for dinner

One of my favorite and also very easy meals is grilled fish. My husband is not much of a fish eater, so he will pick up a steak for himself, and I will get fish. I like to mix it up, I love tilapia but also like Salmon, shark, mahi mahi. I love fish!

On this particular night, I chopped a sweet potato and roasted it in the oven. I quickly brushed the pieces with olive oil, salted with sea salt and fresh crushed pepper. I roasted in the oven on 350 for about 20 minutes. (It will depend on how big your sweet potato is and also how many of them you are roasting at a time. This was just 1 decent sized potato) I sauteed some green beans. (Frozen to save time) I sauteed these in olive oil and seasoned with the same salt and pepper. (I have a thing for olive oil, sea salt and fresh pepper.) For the fish, I again brushed with olive oil, topped with fresh chopped garlic, some dry dill, and yep you guessed it a sprinkle of more salt and pepper. (I use just a dash of salt when I am seasoning my food. Don't go overboard!)To grill the fish, sometimes I will use planks, but on this particular night, I made a foil pouch (make sure and spray with a cooking spray so the fish doesn't stick!) and I covered the fish with the foil. Make sure and loosely cover it and leave an opening so that steam can escape. It will take about 8 minutes to cook on the grill again depending on how much and how big your pieces are. I also like my fish pretty cooked. If you don't own an outside grill you can easily do this on a George Foreman grill too. Just omit the foil pouch. Make sure you spray with a cooking spray!

This is such a fast and easy gluten-free meal. Obviously you can adjust any and all of this, these are just a few of my favorites. Make sure with any seasonings that you decide to use to check for any hidden sources of gluten.


No comments:

Post a Comment