Saturday, August 15, 2009

Udi's gluten-free foods

My husband and I went on a little road trip last weekend to Austin. My mom and my brother are also diagnosed celiac's so it's nice to get together with them and have lots of gluten-free treats. My mom picked up some muffins, blueberry and lemon, from Central Market. The brand was Udi's These are hands down the absolute best muffins I have ever had. Sorry, I didn't take a picture, but I can assure you that I will be repurchasing more of these so I will have a picture in the future. We ate them much too fast this time! The texture of these was very surprising. They are the most moist bread that I have ever eaten gluten free. Very springy texture. We carried a couple of these back to Dallas with us and after sitting in our refrigerator for a week (we were kind of muffined out) I had one this morning for breakfast and they tasted exactly the same! I could not believe it. Normally it would have dried out. I have done a little bit of exploring online with this company, and I do believe you can order online, but you may have to call them to place the order. I did not see an online order form. Trust me on this, please order from them or find a local store that carries their products. If you don't have a Central Market or Whole Foods in your area ask your local grocer to carry them. Lots of stores will do this! Gluten free is so popular now that many people that don't even need to eat this diet do because it is so healthy. Please, please, PLEASE trust me on this one and get your hands on these products. If you live in Denver or are visiting stop by and try them in person. You won't be sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment