Thursday, August 13, 2009

pasta, pasta, pasta!

I will admit, I am not very adventurous when it comes to trying different gluten-free pastas. I have heard horror stories about a few brands. The one I liked the most and would eat pretty often after I was diagnosed was the tinkyada brand. You can view the website here This brand tastes pretty much exactly like regular wheat pasta. You have to be careful not to overcook gluten-free pasta or it becomes mushy and gross. I have never had that problem when using this brand. The only grocery stores that I have found it at are the more upscale, specialty-type stores like Whole Foods or Market Street.

One of my new favorite brands that I find myself buying a lot now is Mrs. Leepers. There are so many different types of pastas with this brand. The only thing so far that I have tried is the spiral rainbow colored pasta. So good. This brand also offers many quick-fix type pasta dinners, similar to hamburger helper. I personally have never had them, but they look good.


Another favorite of mine is the gluten-free mac & cheese. I eat this stuff all the time. My absolute favorite brand is the Annie's brand. It is a little more expensive, but when it is on sale I stock up. The other brand I buy (which you will see in the picture) is the Debole's brand. This one is more like a white cheddar style mac & cheese. This one is good too, just not my favorite.

I have a new pasta that I have not had the chance to try yet, but when I do I will post a review of it here. The brand is bionaturae I have heard from a few people that this one is the best.




and a picture of my mac & cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment